The following is a synopsis of issues, policies, and positions that the Board of Trustees has acted on since the last reporting.
Nominations for Officers and Trustees Sought
Nominations for the offices of President-Elect and Secretary-Treasurer, and for two Trustee positions are being sought for the 2019 election. Per the ASET Bylaws, the base eligibility requirements for nomination are:
- Must be actively engaged in the practice [clinical, research, management or education] of Neurodiagnostics or neurophysiology for at least six months preceding installation of office.
- Must be an Active member in good standing who has maintained membership for three of the five years immediately preceding the election (Institutional members are eligible for nomination to the office of trustee if they upgrade to the Active member class by the nomination deadline).
- At the time of installation and during the term of office, no officer or trustee shall serve on any other healthcare board at the national level (This restriction does not apply to service on boards of national public charities or private foundations in the health care field).
- For officer eligibility, must be an Active member in good standing with recent experience (preferably within the past five years) on the ASET board.
Desired qualifications of nominees include a strong background in committee and volunteer work – either with ASET or other professional organizations and demonstrated commitment to ASET and the Neurodiagnostic profession. Graduation from the ASET|ABRET Joint Leadership Academy is preferred.
For details on the nomination and election process, visit 2019 Call for Board Nominations. To nominate a member for officer or trustee consideration, please contact Executive Director Reimnitz (email@example.com). Self-nominations are welcome! The deadline for nominations is February 28, 2019.
Nominations for ASET Fellow Now Open
Do you know ASET members who are highly esteemed and who have given their time and talents to the Neurodiagnostic profession? If so, please nominate them for the 2019 class of ASET Fellows.
Individuals are eligible to be nominated if they have been a member of ASET in good standing for a minimum of ten continuous years, regardless of member class, and who have distinguished themselves in:
- Service to the Society, e.g., officer, trustee, annual conference program chair/co-chair/course director/presenter, education seminar faculty, webinar presenter, online course faculty, committee and task force chair/member, journal contributor, Interest Section leader
- Service to the Neurodiagnostic profession, e.g., local/state/regional neurodiagnostic society officer/board/committee member, credentialing board member, examiner, clinical site coordinator/instructor, member of patient advocate board
- As an ambassador exemplifying and advancing the Neurodiagnostic profession, e.g., promotion of the profession at career and health fairs, presenter at non-ASET conferences and events, promotion and participation in National Neurodiagnostic Week
Nominations may be submitted by any ASET member in good standing. Simply complete the brief Fellows Nomination Form that outlines how the nominee meets the nomination criteria in general, and return to the ASET Executive Office by the February 15, 2019 nominations deadline. Self-nominations are not accepted. To view previous recipients of the honorary conferment of ASET Fellow, click here.
This article was written by Arlen Reimnitz, Executive Director at ASET.