ASET Offers Free CPT Coding Resource Center
ASET has created two free resources addressing the latest 2020 CPT code changes! The first is a recorded webinar hosted by Leisha Osburn, MS, MHA, R. EEG/EP T., CLTM, CNIM, DABNM, FASET.
CLICK HERE to access the free CPT webinar.
The second resource is a list of frequently asked questions developed as an easy reference.
CLICK HERE for the FAQ document.
Also, join us for a live webinar on January 15, 2020 on CPT Coding Updates Revisited by coding expert Kathryn Hansen, BS, R. EEG T., CPC, CPMA. The January webinar will allow for a Q&A period and will also include a bonus presentation on an EMU Staffing Model – Current State to Desired State by Rebecca Khozein, MBA, DOM, MS, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, R.NCS.T.
ASET Exhibits at the American Epilepsy Society’s Annual Conference
ASET’s Marketing Manager, Dillan Conn, and Director of Publications, Anna Bonner, represented ASET at the AES conference held December 7 – 9 at the Baltimore Convention Center. The AES conference is the largest gathering of epilepsy specialists worldwide, with over 5500 attendees from nearly 70 countries. The next meeting will be held December 4 – 8, 2020 at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle, and you can bet ASET will be there to represent our profession!
Nominations for Trustees Sought
Nominations for four Trustee positions are being sought for the 2020 election. Per the ASET Bylaws, the base eligibility requirements for nomination are:
- Must be actively engaged in the practice [clinical, research, management or education] of Neurodiagnostics or neurophysiology for at least six months preceding installation of office.
- Must be an Active member in good standing who has maintained membership for three of the five years immediately preceding the election (Institutional members are eligible for nomination to the office of trustee if they upgrade to the Active member class by the nomination deadline).
- At the time of installation and during the term of office, no officer or trustee shall serve on any other healthcare board at the national level (This restriction does not apply to service on boards of national public charities or private foundations in the health care field).
- For officer eligibility, must be an Active member in good standing with recent experience (preferably within the past five years) on the ASET Board.
Desired qualifications of nominees include a strong background in committee and volunteer work – either with ASET or other professional organizations and demonstrated commitment to ASET and the Neurodiagnostic profession. Graduation from the ASET|ABRET Joint Leadership Academy is preferred.
For details on the nomination and election process, visit 2020 Call for Board Nominations. To nominate a member for officer or trustee consideration, please email Anna Bonner, interim staff liaison for the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Self-nominations are welcome! The deadline for nominations is February 28, 2020.
Nominations for ASET Fellow Now Open
Do you know ASET members who are highly esteemed and who have given their time and talents to the Neurodiagnostic profession? If so, please nominate them for the 2020 class of ASET Fellows.
Individuals are eligible to be nominated if they have been a member of ASET in good standing for a minimum of ten continuous years, regardless of member class, and who have distinguished themselves in:
- Service to the Society, e.g., officer, trustee, annual conference program chair/co-chair/course director/presenter, education seminar faculty, webinar presenter, online course faculty, committee and task force chair/member, journal contributor, Interest Section leader
- Service to the Neurodiagnostic profession, e.g., local/state/regional neurodiagnostic society officer/board/committee member, credentialing board member, examiner, clinical site coordinator/instructor, member of patient advocate board
- As an ambassador exemplifying and advancing the Neurodiagnostic profession, e.g., promotion of the profession at career and health fairs, presenter at non-ASET conferences and events, promotion and participation in National Neurodiagnostic Week
Nominations may be submitted by any ASET member in good standing. Simply complete the brief Fellows Nomination Form that outlines how the nominee meets the nomination criteria in general, and return to the ASET Executive Office by the February 14, 2020 nominations deadline. Self-nominations are not accepted. To view previous recipients of the honorary conferment of ASET Fellow, click here.
2020 Live Webinar Series
Master a new skill and gain insights on industry best practices by attending an ASET Webinar!
January 15CPT CODING UPDATES REVISITED
Presenter: Kathryn Hansen, BS, R. EEG T., CPC, CPMA
February 19INTERDICIPLINARY EDUCATION FOR NURSES AND NEURODIAGNOSTIC TECHNOLOGISTS IN THE EMU AND ICU
Presenter: Mona Stecker, DNP, NP-BC, CNRN, SCRN
March 18PHASE II SEEG OVERVIEW AND SET-UP
Presenters: Sean D. Thompson, MBA, R. EEG T., R. NCS T., CNIM and Shanez Merchant AS, R. EEG T., CLTM
April 15ASET WEBINAR: NEURO-IMAGING
Presenter: Andrew Ehrenberg, BS, R. EEG T., CNIM
May 20EEG RECORD REVIEW WITH AUDIENCE POLLING
Presenter: Nikesh Ardeshna, M.D.
September 16SOURCE LOCALIZATION TECHNIQUES AND CONCEPTS IN MAPPING FOR EPILEPSY SURGERY
October 21IONM TOPIC TBA
Presenter: Jeff Balzer, PhD, DABNM, FASNM
November 18EXTENDED WEBINAR ON AUTONOMIC TESTING
All Live Webinars begin at 12 PM Central (1 PM Eastern – 11 AM Mountain – 10 AM Pacific) unless otherwise specified. Take advantage of these great educational opportunities and register NOW! The ASET Webinars are worth 1 ASET-CEU each.
$25 ASET Member